Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dixie Highway Riding Dutchman
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Idle Talk -> Ride ReportsMessage format

jcdebock
Posted 2008-05-22 2:04 AM (#57122 - in reply to #56578)
Subject: Day 5, version 1, the relay of a short text message about a Hollywood set in Georgia

The lone rider is guided over a nearly extinct road by maps designed for a completely different purpose. Harold is guided by signs on the roads and local people that remember where the road might have been. He always knows where he is going, but does he know how to get there? This does not quiet seem to be the minute by minute planned trip to me. I guess this is where the precision Japanese machine has influenced Harold even more than he self will suspect.

I turned the sound of my mobile phone off, but I just happened to be awake. The phone lights up, the message has a time stamp of 2:15 in the morning. This is the very same timestamp as the last message. He’s a high precision machine. Is this the MS influence? There is on thing that bothers me a bit. I always had a pleasure in knowing his BMW, that is envying the distance cousin that caries Harold now, is older than I am. The MS is younger than I am. It makes me feel old, I’ll turn 31 in two days

No internet for Harold today, you’ll have to do with the substitute. I’ll just relay the message for you, he should add the full account tomorrow.

Harold came to a halt at Montezuma Georgia. He is in motel that lacks any facilities; the internet has not yet emerged from the ground out there. Montezuma Georgia is probably not as old as Montezuma castle but is worth paying a visit. Beautiful houses line up along Main street, al predating the WW’s. The houses could have been the Hollywood set for Gone with the Wind. About the route to Montezuma? I’ll just give you his exact words: “Carter country of peanuts, peaches and pecans”

He’ll press on to Gainesville next. He’s somewhat cryptic about some Ginny, I don’t quite understand it. It’s 2:17 in the morning. This morning Google gives me a suggestion: “Virginia Elenor "Ginny" Montes (1943 - 1994) was a civil rights activist and feminist who was the first Latina to become a national officer of the National Organization for Women”. Google never seems to fail me. Like the MS shall never fail Harold willingly, I quote: "Alles gaat perfect, MS is een geweldig ding".

Jasper

Edited by jcdebock 2008-05-22 2:32 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)