Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dixie Highway Riding Dutchman
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Idle Talk -> Ride ReportsMessage format

upchuck
Posted 2008-05-21 10:54 AM (#57074 - in reply to #57040)
Subject: RE: Day 4: Confederates and moonshiners

Harold,

It was my pleasure to be able to share my home with you, even if it was only for a short time. Hopefully your trip down the Dixie Highway will continue safely and that you will enjoy a lot more of southern hospitality as you trek on toward Key West.

After reading your Day 4 trip report, I have only one comment. Bang! So that was all that you heard.

As I remember, and you have to remember that I've slept since the incident occurred, it was more like

KA-BOOM, with the sound echoing off the surrounding hills after he discharged the Colt Navy revolver, with flame from the black powder load reaching out a good 2 feet from the barrel, which by the way, was probably no more than 2 feet from your head...... At least, he wasn't pointing it at either of us....

I'm sure that reaching for heaven was the target for you and me as we reacted, but I managed only to clear the planking on the roofless porch's floor, where we were standing, by about 6 inches. Now wasn't that a real SURPRISE......

Anyway, welcome to the south and stop by anytime.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)