Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dixie Highway Riding Dutchman
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Idle Talk -> Ride ReportsMessage format

Rob
Posted 2008-05-20 2:53 PM (#56978 - in reply to #56911)
Subject: RE: Day 3: Rape and Restoration

So, you think you can tell..... it's old, but classic. Pink Floyd in its Golden Years. Yes, you can. You did.
Travel by bike, and experience the real world. Zen, and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance in the present. Tennessee is what it is, a Beauty and a Beast. But, the Beauty always has prevailed. Rolling hills, roaring Triples, and a Tail of the Dragon in the far East. A twist here and there, smoke in the mountains (and on the water). My woman from Tokyo is good to me. Yamaha must have been close to, if not in, Tokyo. And one day I will have a Deep Purple Triple.

Ok, enough poetry. Back on the road, I hope you enjoy the taste, smell and looks of Jack Daniels, the sniffs of the Gentleman Jack's barrel, 140 proof, and the sound of the clear waters behind Jack in bronze. Chuck and I once stood beside him, and now we join him on his property as unidentified, unregistered and unbiased owners of his history. Maybe one day we will build our homes in the air filled with Gentleman Jack's puffs. Imagination, intoxication, interpretation... all is relative under the sun and the Lynchburg Touristical Highlights!

Ok, I said enough poetry, right? We had the pleasure to meet Harold last night, on a rural Highway in a rural town called College Grove. The bank is Cracker Barrel style beside the supermarket with outdoor seating, a pink Volkswagen Convertible in front of it, a few loud local pick up trucks and a curious police officer, the setting was perfect for a little chat. The ladies of the supermarket apologized for closing at 10 PM, but left the lights on for us to use the chairs and tables. The warm evening air was good, as was the company. The adventure of finding each other in this metropolitan setting without cell phone reception was the start of a nice conversation, and we left with a new friend on the road. A tripler who did not know he was going to be one. Welcome to the Team, and feel free to let us know when you are around, with or without Triple, we will welcome you!

Harold, have a safe trip to the Keys, enjoy the time there with your better half, and know that there is a place to stay in this neck of the woods if you need one!

Groetjes,
Rob
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)