Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

XS Race Bike
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Modifications -> Custom BikeMessage format

upchuck
Posted 2008-08-13 11:55 AM (#61739 - in reply to #61714)
Subject: RE: XS Race Bike

Dave,

I had the same thought about taking video on a race track. What I came up with, is using a solid state video recorder and a helmet camera.

The video recorder is a Archos 405 unit that I purchased off of eBay for $91.00US and a Archos Helmet Camcorder that I purchased for around $108.00US. The RAM Mount and Bullet Camera Mount added another $50.00US or so.

The camera is mounted with a RAM Mount to the roll bar, just under the roof line. A video is recorded to the 2Gb internal memory, in AVI format, and I then transfer it to my PC with a USB connection. I also purchased a DVR Travel Adapter (about $50.00US) so that I could play the video from the Archos 405 directly to my Panasonic DVD Recorder (and TV) to produce DVD’s.

The video below was taken with my setup mounted in a friend's Outlaw Pony car, tube frame, 2.3L Ford OHC at 8-8,500 rpm, on a local ¼ dirt track.

Here is a link to a YouTube video recording made with the setup:

Winchester Speedway - Petty Racing

The video's AVI format is much better quality than shown on YouTube after their conversion....

BTW, although my friend finished second in this heat race, a burnt hole in the #3 piston on the next to last lap and retired the car for the rest of the night's racing.

But, if you already have a video camera at your disposal, check out the RAM Mount as they have quite a few mounts for your bike.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)