Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

XS Race Bike
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Modifications -> Custom BikeMessage format

REDMAN
Posted 2008-03-01 3:01 PM (#51860 - in reply to #51854)
Subject: RE: XS Race Bike

Expert

Oh Im ready Chuck, cant wait to get back out
Good thing about the track days is the instructors that show you the lines, valuable for a bunny like me .

I really want to try a few different parts that I have Carbs/jets , pipes etc + tyre pressures, suspension setting.
Also to test the bike in dry conditions. Obviously you can only push the bike so hard the wet ... a dry track will be completey different with much higher corner speeds and greater forces on the suspension,tyres etc.

I may not worry about the rearsets, the stock set up was actually pretty good and comfortable.
I need to see if the pegs drag in the dry, if yes then I'll sort the rearsets properly.

Beachcomber, I made my own rearsets as I cant justify the $$$$ for off the shelf ones. I got the brake side working well and am happy with them but gear change side is a bit trickier.
First issue is the length of the rod from lever to shaft at about 14 inch long it has an element of give in it , I want tight positive gear changes.
Also there are clearance issues with the middle gear case and the plastic cover over the swingarm pivot.
Theres some pics of the ongoing development in my albums.

In the short term if I needed to raise the pegs I was just going to reverse the standard gear lever and use the higher footpeg mount.

Cheers
Red
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)