Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

XS Race Bike
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Modifications -> Custom BikeMessage format

REDMAN
Posted 2013-01-08 12:29 AM (#117089 - in reply to #117040)
Subject: Re: XS Race Bike

Expert

Spent most of the day in the workshop today ( man I love Xbox, smallest baby sitter I ever saw )

After much machining and hand finishing I was able to just barely fit an RGV250 twin piston rear caliper and disc to the stock XS rear wheel.
I had to make new axle spacers, remove metal from two places on the caliper and also the wheel itself to get clearance but it did fit finally.
The reasons for this were two fold....
1. The wee 220mm rear disc is over 2kg's lighter than the stocker as is the modern style master cylinder.
2. By converting the rear caliper to a floating set up all braking forces are transferred to the frame and not the swingarm/suspension.
The weight saving should be noticeable in improved flickability and the floating caliper should reduce binding/rear wheel hop etc under brakes.
I don't use a lot of rear brake on the track, more for trail braking and helping steering into the corners ( no I don't back it in ....one day maybe ) .

Still have to make the disc centre and sort the braided lines but so far so good.

Cheers
Red

Edited by REDMAN 2013-01-08 12:32 AM

(rear brake 002.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rear brake 002.jpg (80KB - 216 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)