Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Taking her really far south
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Idle Talk -> Member's BikesMessage format

statue
Posted 2017-03-13 8:43 PM (#152963)
Subject: Taking her really far south

New user

Howdy,
I have had my XS750E for about a year and a half now. I am currently a mechanical engineering student in my junior year (3rd of 4). As a sort of post-graduation trip I plan on taking my beloved XS to Patagonia (the bottom part of South America) and hitting every country on the trip. I did a similar trip this past summer; Mongol Rally: England to Mongolia, but it was in a car. I know it will put more wear and tear on the bike than the old girl deserves, but I'm pretty set on doing it. I got the bike with the touring package, and will probably have it all on except the huge fairing. I will, of course, be doing a colossal maintenance before setting off.
What kind of advice would you guys be able to send my way? Whether you've done the trip before or have tips for preparing the bike. I know it's a "better" idea to do it on a modern KLR or something, but that makes it less special and less crazy. The first mods I can think of are installation of a "hazard"/4-way flasher feature and throwing on some extra lights, not for riding but for like campsite lighting and stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)