Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fork gaitors.....????
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Maintenance and Repair -> AccessoriesMessage format

Scutch
Posted 2016-08-19 1:40 PM (#152493 - in reply to #152492)
Subject: Re: fork gaitors.....????

New user

Hi Peter, that answers just about all the questions. The link you sent https://www.triumph-spares.co.uk/cat_details.php?p_head=Fork%20gaito... shows the 12 rib boots as being 1.5 inches or 38mm at the bottom. The Ariete ones on ebay they say are 1 5/8 inches or 40mm. So if you were able to get the 38mm ones on then I am probably ok, but I sent an email to the guys selling the Ariete on Ebay asking their opinion. If not, the measurements on the ones Mi3 posted are seem just right. I was just trying to get as good a quality material as possible.

But all those measurements and links should at least nail down the specifics for future inquiries on this topic. I will report on my results.

Fyi the measurements on my 1980 xs850 forks are 36mm for the fork, 58mm on the alloy bottom where the boots attach and there is also a 54mm groove in the alloy where you might fasten the bottom of the boot with a clamp.

Thanks again!
Eddie
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)