Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Centerstand Again!!!
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Maintenance and Repair -> Frame/Fenders/Seat/Gas TankMessage format

delling3
Posted 2010-11-21 11:10 AM (#93521)
Subject: Centerstand Again!!!

Regular

There have been many posts relating to the centerstands on our bikes, but a review does not seem to answer this question. I removed the centerstand on my bike. I found it to be ugly (having been designed for a 3 into 2 exhaust while I have a MAC system) and it also always proved difficult to use. Now I am considering remounting it, if only to have a reliable way to hold the bike vertical for checking fluid levels, and other maintenance chores. I had considered buying a "paddock" stand, but can see no way for it to clear the exhaust. So my question is this. When I removed the stand, I noted that there is what I assume to be an adjustment bolt located adjacent to the stand pivot. It is currently screwed all the way in. One of my complaints with the stand is that with the bike on it, both wheels were still firmly planted on the ground, making the stand even less useful. So now I am thinking that if that screw is indeed an adjustment, then perhaps adjusting it properly would make the stand more useful. Looking under the frame, however, I cannot see any pad or tang for the screw to rest against. It seems unlikely to me that it should rest against the bottom of the engine block, but that seems to be the only answer. Anyone able to comment?

delling3
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)